Thursday, December 23, 2010

I'm back, and baking cookies for Charlotte Rescue Mission

So I temporarily fell off the face of the blogosphere because I had family visiting, and on top of that my laptop's power cord decided to quit working. But now my computer's charged up and the guests are back home, so I can get back to helping you find ways to give!

The Charlotte Observer mentioned in Wednesday's paper that Charlotte Rescue Mission is looking for homemade baked goods for their Christmas Day festivities. You can read more about it on their website here. My husband and I LOVE this. We're baking some goodies tonight and we're going to bring them to Uptown tomorrow morning.

I hope you've been taking advantage during the holiday sales on baking supplies and stocking up on sugar, chocolate chips, flour, butter, candy and all that good stuff. If not, there's still some great deals going on right now, so head out to the store and pick up:

Target
Betty Crocker Cookie Mix, $1.50
-.40/1 Betty Crocker cookie mix, Smart Source insert, 11/21 or -.40/1 printable coupon
 = $1.10 per pouch
 
Nestle Toll House baking chips (chocolate chip, chocolate chunk, white chocolate, butterscotch & more), $2 
-$1.25/3 Nestle Tollhouse morsels, Red Plum insert, 11/1
= $4.75 for 3 bags

Market Pantry Grade-A large eggs, 1 doz., $1.19 
 

Harris Teeter
Domino Powdered Sugar or Brown Sugar, 16 oz., 5/$5 ($1 each)
-.75/2 Domino sugar products, December Woman's Day magazine
= $1.25 for 2 boxes

 Thanks, Southern Savers, for your fantastic coupon database!

No comments:

Post a Comment